Overproof Foot Lounge
Understanding Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is numbness, tingling, weakness, and other problems in your hand because of pressure on the median nerve in your wrist.
The median nerve and several tendons run from your forearm to your hand through a small space in your wrist called the carpal tunnel. The median nerve controls movement and feeling in your thumb and first three fingers (not your little finger).
Pressure on the median nerve causes carpal tunnel syndrome. This pressure can come from swelling or anything that makes the carpal tunnel smaller. Many things can cause this swelling, including:
- Illnesses such as diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and hypothyroidism
- Making the same hand movements over and over, especially if the wrist is bent down (your hands lower than your wrists), or making the same wrist movements over and over
A hand massage is relaxing and provides you with immediate health benefits, such as:
- reduces scar tissue and adhesions that cause decreased finger and wrist mobility
- improves your hand's various ranges of motion and flexibility
- improves circulation to your injured tissues
- helps speed your healing following trauma by bringing more nutrients to the area of injury
Why wait. Book your healing sessions today. Call 780-807-5735 or visit our web page at www.overprooffootlounge.com